Get More SoLA, solo

Find SoLA, Solo on: Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Friday, March 26, 2010

A few from the Garden District

I had the opportunity to snap a few pictures of Baton Rouge's lovely Garden District earlier today and thought I'd share them with all of you. I also wanted to let my readers know that I'm changing the hosting of my images to Flickr, and I plan to post other photography there as well... in other words, other photos I take that don't fit neatly into a post here on the blog. The link to my Flickr stream can be found at the bottom of the front page of this blog. Also, you should now be able to click any image, which will take you to the photos's Flickr page. There you can see other sizes of the photo, etc.

garden district home

garden district home

kleinert avenue

live oaks

tree lined avenue

garden district home

A special note on this last one. I've driven by this house dozens of times and always wanted to photograph it, because it reminds me of something from David Schalliol's incomparable Isolated Building Studies (a link to his photos can be found further down the page as well). I'm not sure if the building itself actually leans, or if I just wasn't holding the camera straight, but both photos I took look the same. Also, note the utility pole skewed the other way. "Straight" must be somewhere in between.

isolation

No comments:

Post a Comment