Get More SoLA, solo

Find SoLA, Solo on: Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Pie Capitol of Louisiana

It's never fun having to put on a coat and tie and work on a Saturday, but that's what I had to do yesterday. I had a client meeting just outside Alexandria that started at 10:00, so my partner and I left Baton Rouge at 7:30. The meeting went well, but a little longer than we expected, and we hit the road at about 2:30. My partner suggested we take Highway 71 back, perhaps stopping in Lecompte for a slice of pie.

The whole drive down Highway 71 made me wish I had my camera with me - we went through some interesting little towns. Lecompte calls itself the "Pie Capitol of Louisiana," and apparently hosts an annual pie festival. We stopped at Lea's Lunchroom, which is a charming little place, and there were only a few patrons at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon. I can't say the meringue-topped pies were the best I've ever had, but it was a nice way to relax after a four hour client meeting. Thankfully Lea's has a website, so you can find a few pictures there. Here's one I snapped after I got home...

No comments:

Post a Comment