Get More SoLA, solo

Find SoLA, Solo on: Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A match made in heaven...



































I heard an ad on the radio for this today, and thought I'd do a quick post about it. I had heard about the Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival before due to my travels down toward Morgan City and Berwick. I've never attended, but I've always been intrigued by the funny name. If you check out the website, it actually makes a lot of sense:

The festival has been honoring those who have worked tirelessly through rain and shine...and sometimes even hurricanes, to provide the area's economic lifeblood for over half a century. The festival also emphasizes the unique way in which these two seemingly different industries work hand-in-hand culturally and environmentally in this area of the "Cajun Coast."
It actually looks like a pretty nice event. Maybe someday I'll make it down.

1 comment:

  1. Complete with Miss Shrimp & Petroleum and the Knights of Columbus! What a cool poster!

    ReplyDelete